Protect Your Skin With Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion
During the cold dry months of the year, I reach for thick, heavy creams to help fight dry skin. My husband also suffers from dry skin, but he hates applying lotion. Something about the greasiness gives him the heebie-jeebies. He’d rather suffer (and complain) through dry, cracked elbows and itchy skin than apply lotion. So when I got Skin MD’s Natural Shielding Lotion, I gave it to him to test out first. The reason being that this lotion is super lightweight and gel-like – no greasiness at all. And I thought we could see how it’d do on his super dry skin.
The lotion was a hit! He loved the consistency of the formula and has been gladly applying it for days. But despite the light and thin formula, it has actually done a better job of keeping his skin moisturized than heavier lotions. His elbows are looking human again. The neutral, light scent is also a big plus – as he says, “it isn’t girly.”
The company says the Shielding takes place when the lotion “absorbs, transforming the outer layer of skin into a hydrating invisible shield.” It’s also paraben, color and fragrance free and can be used on the hands and face as well as the body. Come sunnier weather, they also have a version that contains SPF 15. Check out this link to score yourself some free samples. And keep your eye out for the giveway this weekend, where one lucky winner will get to check out a full sized bottle of this lotion.
If you liked this post, you should also check out:
- Protect Your Skin This Winter With Jergens Sensitive Skin Relief Moisturizer
- Win A Super Duper Moisturizer: Curel Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion
- Head Off Dry Winter Skin: Curel Ultra Healing Lotion
- For Your Irritated or Sensitive Dry Skin: Curel Natural Healing Soothing and Fragrance Free Daily Moisture Therapy
- Natural Bath And Body Care with Upper Canada Soap and Candle Company